Holistic health care
Cervicalgias are pains in the posterior and lateral region of the neck. They are mainly pains of bone or joint origin that affect the cervical musculature. These can be presented in several ways:
• Isolated pain.
• Pain radiating to the arms and / or head.
• Pain accompanied by dizziness.
Normally, in a period of six weeks they usually heal, but in 10% -15% of cases they become chronic.
1. They can occur after suffering certain diseases (inflammatory, infectious, tumor, after trauma …).
2. They are usually related to the structural deterioration of the cervical spine.
3. Psychosomatic problems such as depression, stress, anxiety.
• Limitation of mobility
• Prevents normal tasks
In general, the goal of treatment is to relieve pain and prevent it from becoming chronic.
The treatment not only consists of the therapeutic measures that are applied by the health worker, but includes educational measures that must be taught to the individual. These measures consist of:
• Teach the patient to identify and limit mechanical overload.
• Ergonomic tips.
• Do not perform monotonous work with repeated movements and in a maintained posture.
• Teach the patient to self-apply at home certain therapies (thermotherapy) and to perform stretches.
• Yoga or specific postural techniques for this ailment.
Willow: useful for its content in salicin (principle of aspirin).
How to use: 2g cooking. of the willow bark in a glass of water. We should drink 2-3 cups a day. This infusion should not be taken by those allergic to aspirin.
Matricaria: rich in serotonin-inhibiting parthenolides, a neurotransmitter responsible for bringing pain information to the brain.
How to use: infusion of 1 teaspoon of dried leaves in a glass of water and drink 2 cups a day.
Hypericum: dilute the essential oil of St. John’s Wort in olive oil and apply scrubs in the neck area.
Mint: apply compresses wet in the water of cooking leaves and flowers of mint on the neck.
Rosemary, sage and thyme: rub the neck with an ointment made with 10 drops of essential oil from these plants in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
The cervicals represent flexibility, the ability to see what is behind. Refusal to see the different aspects of an issue.